NBC's Get Out Alive with Bear Grylls
Get Out Alive with Bear Grylls was an NBCUniversal series that was hosted by British survivalist star and adventure traveler Bear Grylls, during which ten teams of two regular people took part in an extreme survival competition in New Zealand’s deep South. GFS worked across all areas of Get Out Alive with Bear Grylls - from Location Scouting to Line Production to Traffic Management.
Contact Us About Your Project
GFS Project Services
- Production Coordination, including the full spectrum of logistics management.
- Human Resource Management of over 200 local production crew members.
- Establishing permits and permissions and location agreements with private landowners and public authorities.
- Ensuring optimal locations in terms of both scenic diversity and access.
- Scouting all potential routes for each episodic arc to assist with storyline creation and to undertake hazard assessments.
- Risk Assessment for the series concept and for each of the 8 individual episodes/adventures.
Risk Management Plan
- Communications Protocols.
- Medical Response Plan (incident and emergency).
- Food and Water Risk Management Plan.
- Health and Safety Protocols (for individuals).
- Natural Disaster Response Plans for:
- Bush fires.
- Fire Safety Plan.
- Traffic Management Plan (for use of access roads).
- Road Safety Plan (for drivers of vehicles).
- Water Safety Plan.
- Environmental Management Plan.
- Helicopter Safety Protocols.
- Key person Security Plan.
Crew Briefing Documents
- Crew Briefing Documents for daily verbal briefings of production crew on baseline and specific security, safety and medical risks.
- On medical and safety contractors, including vetting and filing qualifications and accreditations.
- On helicopter operators and aircraft, including on accreditation and maintenance.
- On service providers, including verifying and filing company certificates and director profiles.
Safety and Medical Consultants
- A Medical team – including:
- A Water Safety Team.
- An Alpine Safety Team.
- A Fire Safety Officer.
- A Traffic Safety Team.
The GFS StandardSetting the industry standard.
Our people come from diverse backgrounds, but they all have one thing in common - they meet the rigorous GFS Standard.Learn More