Shark Week is Discovery Channel’s annual week-long programming block dedicated solely to sharks, which first premiered in 1988 and continues to rate highly among a diverse audience today. GFS is proud to provide a range of production and risk management services to a number of Shark Week shows.
Contact Us About Your Project
GFS Project Services
GFS has provided Risk Assessments for a number of Shark Week shows since 2008, including:
- Comprehensive Risk Assessments for individual episodes.
- Reviews of in-house Risk Assessments on behalf of Discovery Channel (auditing).
GFS was the facilitator for Shark Week episodes filming in the waters off Stewart Island, New Zealand on behalf of Jeff Kurr and provided services including:
- Establishing permits, permissions and location agreements.
- Brokering contracts between the production company and local vendors.
- Ensuring optimal locations in terms of both scenic diversity and access.
- Scouting of all logistical requirements.
A Safety Diver, who:
- Ensured that required Occupational Health and Safety compliance standards were met.
- Provided third party oversight on all underwater sequences, including a documented Dive Plan.
The GFS StandardSetting the industry standard.
Our people come from diverse backgrounds, but they all have one thing in common - they meet the rigorous GFS Standard.Learn More