We understand that your production is unique. We also understand that you want to protect your people and your brand, and ensure business continuity in the wake of a disruptive event.
The GFS Risk Assessment caters to your requirements - we work with you to design the best solution for your creative, your budget and your timeline, following our best practice model of:
The GFS Risk Assessment and associated products provide you with independent, expert advice on the full spectrum of your production’s exposure to risk - from identifying issues that could potentially damage your reputation, to analyzing hazards that could threaten the physical safety of your production crew.
A comprehensive GFS Risk Assessment (RA) provides a detailed and systematic analysis of your project’s full risk profile. It also offers a certification process – helping you to bind your insurance and providing you with the assurance that you are meeting an international, best practice risk management standard for your project.
When you order a comprehensive GFS Risk Assessment, you receive the following 6 components:
- The Risk ID identifies the full spectrum of your risks in a tickbox table. It is the first step in the GFS risk management process of IDENTIFY-ASSESS-PLAN-IMPLEMENT and provides an overview of your risk profile.
- The GFS Compliance RA provides an independent analysis of your legal and brand reputation risk elements, with recommendations. The Compliance RA analyzes liability relationships, permitting and permission obligations and employer responsibilities, as well as providing advice on unique issues related to your project such as best practice animal welfare and environmental management standards.
- The GFS Security RA provides an analysis of baseline and unique security risks associated with the location, your planned activities and your logistics and is particularly important for productions traveling internationally. Risk Ratings are assigned to each risk so that you, and all the stakeholders in your project, understand the extent of your exposure. Best practice controls are then recommended so that you can begin your risk management planning process.
- The GFS Safety RA provides an analysis of baseline and unique safety risks associated with the location, your planned activities and your logistics and is especially relevant to productions undertaking dynamic activities in challenging environments. Risk Ratings are assigned to each risk so that you, and all the stakeholders in your project, understand the extent of your exposure. Best practice controls are then recommended so that you can begin your risk management planning process.
- The GFS Medical RA provides an analysis of baseline and unique medical risks associated with the location, your planned activities and your logistics and takes into consideration a production's access to medical facilities and the prevalence of disease. Risk Ratings are assigned to each risk so that you, and all the stakeholders in your project, understand the extent of your exposure. Best practice controls are then recommended so that you can begin your risk management planning process.
Risk Management Table
- The GFS Risk Management Table provides a snapshot of all risks and recommendations. It is the first step in your planning process - it provides you with the information you need to target your resources effectively and understand your insurance exposure.
Where the comprehensive GFS Risk Assessment doesn’t match your risk profile or your budget, we can work with you to design a suitable product.
All projects receive a Risk ID as a standard, which you are able to then combine with any of the individual components, depending where your greatest exposure is, or the issues that your stakeholders are most concerned about.
To order your GFS Risk Assessment, use the ORDER ONLINE button and complete a Questionnaire. Once you submit your Questionnaire, a GFS Analyst will be in touch with you immediately to confirm your request and start the Risk Assessment process.
The comprehensive GFS Risk Management Plan (RMP) provides a framework for building resilience into your project from development to broadcast. A GFS Risk Management Plan gives you all the tools needed to IDENTIFY and ASSESS your production’s unique risk profile, and to effectively PLAN and IMPLEMENT its management - we will tailor your RMP to include the right combination of products and services for your specific needs.
The GFS RMP typically includes a combination of the comprehensive Risk Assessment, all risk management strategies and plans, and collation of all relevant certifications and licences.
The GFS RMP also establishes a 24/7 consultation and support process. Our team at GFS HQ also provides you with round-the-clock communication and support when you purchase the comprehensive GFS RMP.
If you are concerned about a specific risk, we are able to develop specific plans that provide you with the best practice planning framework for mitigating or responding to that risk. GFS Crisis Response Plans are comprehensive management plans containing robust response mechanisms for a disruptive event, such as natural disasters, medical emergencies or kidnap and ransom situations.
We also develop specific plans based on your individual creative risks to assist you with proactively managing your exposure and implementing international best practice standards. These specific plans range from Water Safety Plans to Asset and Information Security Plans.
The GFS Global Watch Report is an information tool for production crew traveling to international locations. The GFS Global Watch Report drills down into key logistical information, contacts and geo-political and cultural context, equipping your people with an understanding of the wider picture and assisting them to remain safe and healthy on location.
Some locations are riskier than others. At the development stage, you can use the GFS Global Watch Report as a tool to decide whether or not you want to travel to a location - the GFS Global Watch Report equips you with the insights and information you need so that you can make decisions about your risk appetite.
The GFS Crew Briefing Document is a health and safety and personal security briefing document that you can distribute to your people on the ground, assisting you with fulfilling your Duty of Care as an employer.
The GFS Crew Briefing Document can be used to verbally brief your production crew on a daily basis as part of best practice risk management. It can also be used as part of the informed consent process - it provides a clear and concise snapshot of the extent of the project’s risk to your production crew.